Wednesday, February 13, 2008

#25 Am I a Music Pirate?

First things first. i have actually burned a song to a cd before, so this exercise was pretty easy. Yes I really do know how to burn a cd. I would be surprised to hear someone say they have not. Now on to more pressing issues. There are always two sides to every story, so lets begin. Artists work very hard to get their music out there for all to hear and hopefully enjoy. Remember this is how they make their living. I beleive that sometimes as music is illegally distributed the artist will begin to lose money. On the news in recent years you here the story of young people being arrested for stealing music and sharing it with others. They were stuck with heafty fines and humiliated in the public arena. Is this fair??? Some say there must be an example made so others will not do it. With the laws in writing now, I hope we are all aware of how borrowing songs without permission will cost more than just a few dollars. Hopefully those who download songs all the time, will remember that someone is trying to make a living by writing and performing songs.

No comments:

My Blogger Panel 2

My Blogger Panel

My Blogger Panel